PLEAT POCKET JEANS JACKET IN RINSED 16OZ SELVAGE DENIM
The Pleat Pocket Jeans Jacket is based on early workwear denim jackets with a chest yoke seam and pleated fronts. Here, though, the single pleat is reversed and made much larger to form a full sized hand-warmer pocket each side. Rather than a separate yoke panel, the back panels are brought up and over to the front, forming a smooth biased shoulder which wears particularly comfortably. The back panels are cut up and down the grain of the fabric, with a selvage center back seam, but the pleated front panels are too wide to fit across the narrow fabric, so are cut sideways. This causes the back to shrink up vertically more than the fronts when the jacket is rinsed, forming a subtly raised back.
Tender’s designer William Kroll puts a lot of care into their research, design, manufacture, and wear. Just as a gardener tends to a vegetable patch, or a shepherd is the tender to a flock of sheep, Tender has the hope that it's customers will live with their products, wearing them hard, but respecting their provenance and the stories they have to tell. The British-made clothes and accessories are manufactured in small factories, ateliers, and homes around the country, exploring new approaches to traditional weaving, making, tanning, and dyeing.
- 16oz 25-dips indigo ringspun cotton selvage denim, woven in Japan, lost wax cast brass buttons.
- Delicate wash cool, inside out. Hang dry. Traditional dyes fade & transfer, wash separately.
- Made in England.
- 2: 44" chest, 37" bottom hem, 20" sleeve from under arm, 22" center back length.
- 3: 46" chest, 39" bottom hem, 20.5" sleeve from under arm, 22.5" center back length.
- 4: 48" chest, 41" bottom hem, 21" sleeve from under arm, 23" center back length.
- Anthony is 6'2", his measurements are 38" chest, 31" waist.
- Anthony is wearing the Pleat Pocket Jacket in a size 4.
*Measurements taken flat.
Shipping & Returns
For most in stock, full priced items, you may return your purchase for a refund, exchange or store credit if we receive the item back in the store within 7 days of delivery. You must request a return authorization within 4 days of delivery. We require that you pay for the return shipping and the shipping fee for the exchanged item.
Shop Boswell uses UPS ground or USPS Priority mail at our discretion for a $12 flat fee for standard items and $18 for hats and heavier items on orders under $300. If the item is large or unusually heavy, we will reach out to the customer for an additional shipping fee, even if the purchase was over $300.
Please see our policies page for specific details and more information about our return and exchange policies.