LAERKE SWEATER IN ONE-OF-A-KIND RECYCLED YARN
An oversized, boxy fit unisex sweater made from yarn that is leftover from other production. Each sweater is unique, though all are made from yarn with the same tonal brown color palette.
With over a decade of knitwear design experience leading the world’s premier fashion houses, Siri Johansen commonly observes factories with scores of boxes full of left over yarns from previous production. Each box holding different colours and material composition. These ‘remnants’ are either too limited for a new production run, the colours are not befit for the new season or the process for re-use is human labour intensive, and therefore, deemed economical. Siri partnered with Sebastian Maes, an adventurous knitwear producer she had worked with for many years, and together they got to work. The shape of each Waste Yarn Project garment is thoughtfully designed but each garment has a different combination of yarn and colors, always determined by the supply of surplus yarns. Each finished garment is therefore a unique design and numbered to reflect that.
- Since each sweater is unique the yarn content varies a bit. Expect your piece to be made of a mix of wool, mohair, viscose, nylon, linen, cashmere, polyester, and acrylic (in trace amounts).
- Hand wash, inside out, line dry.
- Made in Shanghai, China.
- S: 22" top of shoulder to hem, 22.5" bust, 18" hip
- M: 24" top of shoulder to hem, 23" bust, 18.5" hip
- L: 24" top of shoulder to hem, 24" bust, 19" hip.
- Emma is 5'6", her measurements are 34" bust. 27" waist, 37" hip.
- Emma is wearing the Laerke Sweater in size small.
*Measurements are taken flat and unstretched.
Shipping & Returns
For most in stock, full priced items, you may return your purchase for a refund, exchange or store credit if we receive the item back in the store within 7 days of delivery. You must request a return authorization within 4 days of delivery. We require that you pay for the return shipping and the shipping fee for the exchanged item.
Shop Boswell uses UPS ground or USPS Priority mail at our discretion for a $12 flat fee for standard items and $18 for hats and heavier items on orders under $300. If the item is large or unusually heavy, we will reach out to the customer for an additional shipping fee, even if the purchase was over $300.
Please see our policies page for specific details and more information about our return and exchange policies.